If you are someone who runs a server of Discord, you may have come across the need of deleting unwanted conversations and messages so upon looking at so many conversations at times you would be wondering how to clear discord chat in the easiest way. For many users, this whole task of how to search through imessage can get tricky and time-consuming. So through this article, we hope to provide you with the different methods through which you could solve the issue of deletion of messages from the Discord Chat.
Sending Text Messages Using Discord
The messages which one can send using Discord falls into two categories. These are mentioned below.
- Direct Messages: These messages can be sent privately between two specific persons.
- Channel Messages: These are those messages which can be sent within a group and in a particular channel.
Both of these methods work in different ways. Moreover, different sets of rules are applied to both these ways. The administrators were allowed to delete the messages at the beginning stage of the Discord. Also, they were allowed to delete these messages in a more bulky method. When large numbers of messages are deleted in this bulky method by the admins, there can be occurrences of various issues.
In order to prevent such issues, the whole functionality was fully removed from the native UI of this app of Discord. However, you still can delete the messages in there. The only change is that this whole process has become more complicated than before, which has led to a feeling of discouragement among the people regarding deletion of messages in a bulk.
Therefore, in case you use the Discord App for the purpose of messaging do remind to update your phone to the latest version because in some cases it gives the notification as your device isn’t compatible with this version., and want to know more about clearing the Discord chat, go ahead to read the whole article.
Clearing Direct Chats On Discord
Before moving forward, there is a reminder that in reality there exists no way in which you can delete the direct chats on Discord. So, the best solution we could come up with in this case is the closing of that particular chat panel. Doing so will disable that person from viewing your messages. If it is very necessary, you always have the option of erasing the copy of any specific conversation.
By performing this, you will be able to make that conversation or message disappear from the chat history. However, the messages of the panel will continue to remain in the servers and also in the chat panel of the other person.
In order to do this method, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Firstly, you need to right click on that particular user with whom you need to do this step.
- Now, you need to move to the pane which is labelled as ‘Direct Message’. After this, you are required to move forward over to the mouse pointer on that specific conversation. Then, you need to click on the icon of ‘X’ which tends to appear. In the pane of Direct Message on the left side of your screen, hover to that conversation. Then you need to click on the icon of ‘X’ that appears on the screen.
- You will witness that the message disappears instantaneously. However, this process does not lead to the complete deletion of the chats. In fact it will only get deleted from your side. You also need to remember that you won’t receive any dialogue which will confirm you regarding this action which implies that you don’t have the option of undoing this action. Hence, it becomes integral to tap on the ‘X’ buttons after a thorough consideration of the action is done.
Deleting Channel Messages On Discord Chat
Having already discussed how to clear discord chat in direct conversation in the previous section, this section talks about the methods through which you could discord delete dm messages. There are a total of three ways through which you can perform this function and all of these are mentioned below.
1. Clearing The Discord Chat Through The Method Of Manual Deletion
The first method which comes to mind when talking about deleting the channel messages on Discord Chat is that of manual deletion. In order to perform this method, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- In the first step, you are required to open the text channel.
- After you have opened the text channel, you need to move the pointer of the mouse over specific message where you see the icon of three dots. This icon consists of the options which are in context to the message.This message could be seen on the right hand side of the screen. After this, you need to select the option of ‘Delete’.
- In the third step, all that you need to do is confirm this deletion.
But, a reminder that this method is useful only when the number of texts to be deleted are few in number. If the case is such that the numbers of texts which you wish to delete are large in number, you may wish to go for another method which is even more convenient to use.
2. Clearing The Discord Chat Through A Bot
When you need to delete a large number of messages from your chat, you can take up this method of deleting. Moreover, there are different mee6 bots which are designated so as to delete the chats on the Discord Chat. There are various bots from which you could choose any, but the one on which you can always count on is the MEE6 discord bot which tends to produce great results.
Also, you could install this bot in a rather easy method when compared to the installation of the others.
You need to follow these steps to delete the conversations on the Discord Chat through the use of the MEE6 bot.
- You are first required to log in into the server of the Discord.
- In the second step, you need to visit the official website of MEE6.
- After this, you need to tap on the option of ‘Add to Discord’ and provide it with the required permission on the server.
- Now you need to select that particular server on which you need to install the bot.
- Provide the authorization when the MEE6 bot asks for certain permissions.
- In the control panel of the MEE6, you are required to enable the option of Moderation plugin.
- Once the process of installation gets completed, you will have a large number of commands to use.
After the process of authorization gets completed, you will automatically get enabled to use the various distinct commands in order to get these messages cleared. And for a reminder, the number which you mention in the command represents the number of messages which you wish to delete. Hence, this method is more convenient to follow than the previous one when it comes to the deletion of a large number of messages at a time.
The MEE6, in general tends to perform as per the expectations, but there are times when even this won’t be able to come up with the proper solution. But don’t worry; there are still different options left to choose from. Although, the MEE6 is indeed the best solution for this purpose as it helps vigorously in the deletion of large number of messages, all at once but it too may fail at times. So, if you didn’t really succeed by the method of MEE6, you can go for the use of cloning in order to delete the messages.
Moreover, through this particular method, you will develop a whole latest level of the channel. Although, the channel which you develop won’t consist of any of your older messages or conversations. This process or method may get tricky for some of us, but mentioned below are the steps that could provide you with assistance and how you can make good use of this method so as to delete the channel messages of the Discord Chat.
- In the first step, you need to make a list of all the bots which you have included in your channel. This is for the reason that the bots won’t get copied when you clone the channel.
- Now you need to right click on that channel which you wish to clone.
- Opt for the option of ‘Clone Channel’.
- You can always rename the channel if you wish to.
- Now, you need to select the option of ‘Create Channel’.
- In this step, you are now ready to delete that previous channel which was piled up with unwanted messages.
- Now, you are free to open the new channel and install the bots again.
Now that all is done and dusted, you are free to begin from the scratch.
Now that all is done and dusted, you are free to begin from the scratch.
Through the above-mentioned methods and guidelines, we hope that the article provided you the enough information about how to clear discord chat. It did provide you with the solutions you were looking forward to and you can easily use these methods in your daily life and make a difference.