It is a common scenario where we tend to forget the messages we have sent or received on our phones and it then takes a long time looking for them in the inbox which is full of various iMessages. It gets too difficult for users to find any specific message.
It is easier to find these text messages by searching the app for messages on iphone. Below mentioned are some of the ways which you could use in order to find the iMessages on your iPhone.
Steps For How To Search Through iMessage
There are three techniques or methods through which you can search for these messages on your iPhone.
1. Using Particular Software
With the help of software named Fonedog iOS Data Recovery, it is a messages app for iPhone, where you can search for the text messages in your iPhones. It is not only a faster mode for searching the messages but also one of the most suitable methods for check text messaging.
This software also enables you to recuperate the old messages and the important data like images, videos or audios which have been deleted in a short span of time. In order to use this software or program, you need to follow these listed steps:
- Firstly download the software on your iPhone and launch the same.
- Now you are required to connect your phone to the Mac through the USB cable until the software is able to detect the same. When a proper connection has been set up between them, you will be able to look at all the files which you could search or look out for and recover back to the device. You can then opt for the option of Messages and Attachments and then tap on the option of Start Scanning
- Once you are done with the second step, the software that you have launched will start a search operation through the whole device. And all this while you only need to wait for the process to complete. Once the software is done with the process of searching and scanning, you will be able to look at all the files and the documents that were present in your device.
Under the option of Messages and attachments, you will be able to see all the messages of in your device and you can narrow down your search through all these documents by entering or writing the keyword of the document you are looking for.
The moment you find out whatever you were looking for, you are required to tick a box in the same section and then tap the option of Recovery.
2. Use Of Spotlight
You can also use the technique of using the spotlight in order to search my messages for iMessage. The spotlight is an already in-built characteristic or trait of the iOS 11 whereby it allows the users to search these text messages or iMessages or anything else present anywhere in your devices. It is one of the fastest modes to search the messages or any other data, be it images, audio or anything else.
In order to make this method work for you, you need to follow these below-mentioned steps.
- You first need to open the Spotlight which you can find on the home screen of your iPhone.
- You then need to type the keyword or the hint of the data that you are looking or searching for on the device. You can type any pertinent word for the file you want to find.
- Now in the third step you need to scroll down through the list when you come across the result of searching and then, pinpoint the message or whatever kind of data you were looking for.
3. Use Of Simple Search Option
After going through the above two mentioned methods so as to search for the iMessages or any other information on your device, here is the simplest of the method or technique for you to help you search for whatever you are looking for on the device.
This option, like the previous one too is an in-built trait of the iPhones. You are required to open the window of the messages. Swiping down while going through the inbox list will lead to the appearance of the search box.
Searching Text Messages From iOS 10 Or iOS 11
After knowing how to search the text messages on the iPhones, here is a guide for the iphone users as to how to search the iMessages from iOS 10 and 11. The simplest way is to ask Siri about it, but before that one must know how to use siri on iphone x.
The users faced the problem of not being able to search for any text message on their device nor did the spotlight work any good to show any kind of result. This issue has been created by software which is continuing till now and many tutorials and information have come up as of yet in order to resolve the problem.
But many risks come forward for the device in such a case. Let us take a look at one of most ordinary problems for which the iOS forum has come up with some solutions.
In case the Spotlight in iOS 10 or 11 doesn’t work, you can follow these steps.
- You first need to open Settings on your device and then go to the option of General. In there, you need to tap on language and region.
- In the second step, you are required to press the option of iPhone language.
- From this, you need to choose any language which is preferred by you over the other given languages.
- Now select the option of Change so as to apply the selection.
In the situation where this Spotlight doesn’t provide you with any results, you can follow these steps:
- Press the option of Settings and then tap on General. Open Spotlight search from in there.
- You now need to turn off all the stitches of the same.
- After this, you are required to restart your iPhones. You can do so by pressing the slide buttons and the home button at the same time.
- In the last step all you need to do is fix the iMessages on the Spotlight Search and you can also have access to other searches if required.
Searching Message On iMAC
To search any text or Message on the iMacs, one needs to perform the following steps.
- Tap the buttons of command and the spacebar, both at once so as to open the window of Spotlight search. For a reminder, iMessage can only be availed on os X Mountain model or the ones which are higher.
- In the second step, you need to type the word Messages which will ultimately lead to the opening of these messages.
- In the third step, you are required to tap on the search bar. You could find it in the corner of the top left side of your device.
- You now need to type the keywords for the message you are searching for. The other thing that you can do so as to find the message is type the name of the person involved in the conversation. This will also ease up the task for you.
- In the last step, all that you need to do is select the conversation of the person you wish to have a look at.
So this is it. I hope after reading this article you would not be searching any more about how to search through iMessage.
Moreover, we all have forgotten the text messages which we have sent to others or have also forgotten the ones which we tend to receive. So if you are also the one who has to send same text messages to multiple people but tends to forget sending. Then you should know how to create a group text on iPhone. You can make a group chat on iPhone so you can easily have a conversation with multiple people at once.
A proper guide can be essential to teach the users about the working and what steps need to be taken in the various methods. Take a look and enhance your knowledge and make sure that you never repeat these.