We all have the issue or have received notification of your device isn’t compatible with this version of the device. And it confuses us as we aren’t really into looking for the reasons behind this issue nor are we really aware of the solutions so as to get rid of such issues.
In this article, we will explore the reasons and the various solutions to overcome this error on our Android devices.
Reasons Behind The Error Of “Your Device Isn’t Compatible With Your Version”
Here’s a look at the possible reasons behind the issue of ‘your device isn’t compatible with this version’.
- Get the latest updated Android version: The most basic reason behind receiving such notifications is not updating your phone to the latest version of Android. It might be one of the possibilities of getting such notifications. Hence, to avoid such notifications in the future, make sure you update your phone with the latest version of Android. Even if your device is still facing the same issue then you first need to look for how to factory reset the samsung tablet then upon resetting the phone to the original version then you can install the updated versions.
- Hardware not supported: Another reason behind receiving the notification of “your device isn’t compatible with this version” is that the app which you are trying to download is not supported with the hardware of your device. On various occasions, one could see that the manufacturers of the device tend to select other parts of the hardware and distinct chip sets, which are not very well known names.
Before jumping to the solutions for the problem, it is important to understand the reasons behind the issue as to why is it occurring?
There have been various circumstances, where the application developers are seen being absorbed and involved in optimizing their applications for popular chip sets. This one specific reason could lead to errors of incompatibility for some particular apps in your Android phones.
- Availability of the latest devices: One of the major reasons behind receiving the notification of your device isn’t compatible is the availability of a large number of latest devices. We are well aware that with increasing competition and improvement in the level of technology, there has been an abundant increase in the availability of devices in the market every month. And hence, the app developers are expected to come up with something better and unique every time with every new model which is released in the market.
However, this becomes a difficult task for the app developers as a result of which they aren’t able to make the applications run in a better and smooth manner in every Android device. This often leads to concentration of the attention made by them into a smaller sphere. In order to protect themselves from the criticism, some of the devices are termed as incompatible. However, you will ultimately notice that most of the apps of the Playstore are able to run in a no less than perfect manner, despite the Play Store showing the error of incompatibility.
It can now be seen that the companies, rather than putting attention on developing and providing frequent updates for the existing phones of the Android, are more into releasing new devices every month. So, it can be advised to such companies to start paying more concentration on providing frequent updates, because a large population is not capable of spending huge amounts on buying new devices with the release of it.
- Identification of the actual or the real cause: You may still think as to why the Play Store of Google still shows the error which we are discussing about in this particular article. There can be various distinct answers or reasons behind this issue. In order to search for the real cause behind this entire problem, you could visit the Play Store, either on your laptop or on your PC. This web based Play Store is similar to that on the phone, but it might prove a bit more helpful as it contains some valuable information.
After tapping on the errors, you will come across a list of all the devices that are linked to the same email address for the Play Store of Google. You can also witness the list of all the reasons that are behind the issues of incompatibility for any app on the device.
Solutions To Fix The Error Of “Your Device Isn’t Compatible With This Version”
After going through the various reasons behind receiving the notification that your device isn’t compatible with this version on your Android devices, it is time that we talk about the solutions so as to overcome this issue. There are in a total of seven ways through which you could come to the solution for the above mentioned issues. All of these seven methods are discussed about here in the next lines.
1. Clear Cache In Google Play Services
In order to solve the discussed issue through the first method, you are required to follow the below-listed steps.
- In order to solve the discussed issue through the first method, you are required to follow the below listed steps.
- You first need to make sure that the Google Play Store is not running in the background of your device. If it is, then you need to close it before moving any further.
- Go to the section of Settings on your Android device.
- Click on the option of Application Manager in there.
- Search or look out for the Google Play Services on your device and click on it.
- Now, you are required to select the option of ‘Clear Cache’.
After you have completed all of these steps, you now have to start the play story application again. Now, the issue of your device isn’t compatible would have been solved.
2. Erasing Updates In Google Play Store
There are some probabilities of the above solution not working out. Hence, there is this second method to help you in getting rid of the issue which is being discussed in this article. You need to follow the below listed steps so as to solve the issue through this method.
- Open Settings on the screen of your Android device.
- Click on Application Manager there.
- Search for the Google Play Store and click on it.
- Select the button of ‘Uninstall Updates’ and click on the ‘OK’ button after that.
This particular method will help in erasing the latest updates of the Playstore and will most probably help in fixing this issue.
3. Uninstall Updates In Google Play Services
If the case is such that even the second method didn’t work out in your favour, you always have the option to go with this method so as to get rid of the issue.
You are required to follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Choose the option of Application Manager.
- You need to search for the Google Play Services in the listing of the applications.
- Click on the option of ‘Uninstall Updates’.
- Click the OK button in there.
4. Install Application SuperSU
The fourth method deals with connecting your Android device with the installed application of ‘SuperSU’ in order to solve this problem.
- You are required to download and install the application of ‘Market Helper’ so as to obtain the apk files.
- Now you need to run the application on your device.
- In the third step, you are required to select the options from the list so as to copy the latest device from the manufacturer of these Android devices.
- Choose the option of ‘Activate’.
- Allow the permissions which the application seeks for.
- After a short duration or interval, you will receive a notice which says ‘Activated Successfully’.
- You need to open the Play Store application on your device. You can now easily download and install any application that you wish to have on your device.
5. Install ES File Explorer
The fifth method is the most preferred method to solve the error of your device isn’t compatible with this version.
You can follow the below mentioned steps only when these are performed by the manufacturer of your device. The other thing that this method demands from you is that your device must be embedded.
- Go online mode and search for the similar model number of any latest device which has been launched by the manufacturer of the Android device.
- Make sure that you look out for model number of the device which is easily accessible in your region.
- Copy the model number as it is as soon as you find it.
- Visit the Google Play Store.
- Now, you are required to download the application of ‘ES File Explorer ‘and install and then open it on your device.
- Look out for the Tools component of the application.
- In this step, you are required to enable the features of ‘Root Explorer’ and ‘Show Hidden Files’.
- Search for the file with the name of ‘System’ just below the name of the page.
- Now, find the file of build. Prop and rename this file to ‘xbuild.Prop’ and then copy it.
- Paste this file into the SD space of your phone.
- Now open this file on the application of ES Note Editor.
- Enter any of the latest Android versions and save the changes made.
- Go to that file of xbuild.prop and rename it to build.prop and copy it only to paste it into the SD storage.
- Now, you are required to assign the different permissions to read and write to the owners and the executors.
- Save all of these changes and then reboot your device.
- This will help in solving the error.
6. Root Your Device
Another method which could help in solving the issue of your device isn’t compatible with this version is this one. You always have the option to root your device if you don’t wish to buy a new Android phone.
You can root your phone and launch the custom ROMS and can now make use of the latest Operating System of Android.
But, reminders before you follow this method. There are chances that rooting your device could actually lead to breaking your device permanently.
And in case your Android device does not have the capacity of running the latest operating system, then your device may encounter various other issues too.
7. Download Yalp Application
Sometimes, it may be the case that the applications you wish to run on your device do not have proper accessibility in your region. Hence, your device may come with a notification showing the issue of your device isn’t compatible with this version. In order to solve this issue, you are required to download the application of Yalp which shows similar characters as that of the Google Play Store.
The Yalp Store App enables you to download applications from the Google Play Store as the files of apk. It helps in saving these apk files to the default location on your Android device. The app consists of various different characteristics such as filtration of different applications, blacklisting the apps for updates, and different categories for browsing.
The importance of this application is that it is small and independent. It is at the same time, a very safe and a secure app and a reliable one too. You can easily download the app on your device without having to worry about the loss of any kind of data or any other kind of damage to your device or phone.
We all tend to come across the issue of your device isn’t compatible with this version and have been in a fix as to how to solve this issue. With the above-mentioned solutions which are trending in google and the reasons behind the occurrence of this error, we hope that it has and will prove helpful for you and you will be able to overcome this problem easily on your Android devices. Apart from this if you are facing the same issues with iPhones as well then try implementing the above methods on iphones as well. If nothing helps at all you can do at last is to search and implement how to factory reset iphone 6 without password. Before pouncing on any one method, go deep into the content and the steps which you need to follow, and the risks related to every single one of them.